1. The WWII Costume
We saw this suit in the first trailer, and it’s clear now that it’s definitely the same one worn by Steve Rogers in Captain America: The First Avenger. While the new trailer gives us a much clearer look at the costume in action (it clearly features in a large portion of the sequel), it also provides us with some context.
As we said earlier, Bucky is brainwashed and has no memory of his past life in the comic books, so it could be that Steve dons this suit in the moment above in an attempt to remind his best friend of who he truly is. With the Tesseract – the original story arc features Cap using it to restore The Winter Soldier’s memories – tucked safely away in Asgard, this could be the plot device used to restore the future Captain America’s memories to him.
If you liked this post you may also enjoy:
- 10 Spider-Man Characters we’d like to see get their own Spin-Off Movie
- 10 Superheroes who Should Become Part of DC’s Cinematic Universe
- 10 of the Best Superhero Costumes in Comic Book Movies
- 10 of the Worse Superhero Movie Costumes in Comic Book Movies
- Where can Thor 3 go from here?
- 10 Things we Noticed in the Captain America: The Winter Soldier Trailer
- 10 Things we Noticed in the X-Men: Days of Futures Past Trailer
- 20 of the best DC Comic Book Movie Posters
- 10 Superheroes Who Could Join the Team in The Avengers 2
- Top Ten Superhero Fight Scenes
- A Wish List: 7 Actors I’d Love to See in Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series
- Marvel vs. DC at the Box office Infographic
- 10 Characters Who Should Be Brought Back For Star Wars Episode VII
- Six of the Best: Graphic Novel Adaptations
- Top 25: Strangest Movie Merchandise
- Top Ten: Terrible Films that Made a Lot of Money
- Top Ten: Perfectly Cast Films
- Top Ten: Bloodiest Scenes in Film
- Top Ten: Exemplary Cameos in Film
- Top Ten: Underrated Horror Movies