This short video gives an excellent peek behind the movie curtains to see how a nameless, yet integral, character came to be.
I won’t spoil the film for you if you’ve yet to see it, but a crucial part of the film revolves around the restoration of an automaton, an early robot if you like, which leads the young Hugo towards the answer he seeks (like I said, no spoilers here). The automaton itself is an incredibly intricate piece of machinery and Scorsese makes great use of this visual delight in the film.
The automaton was created for the film by Dick George Creatives, a company based in Surrey who have been working in the Film and Television industries for over thirty years and they have produced this short Making Of video for the Automaton and there’s a care and a love for their work which is evident here and also in the final piece.
Here’s the video, find out more on their website.
*I say almost…
If you liked this post you may also enjoy:
- 30 Marvel & DC Comic Book Covers Which Should be Used as Movie Posters
- Marvel Characters Superheroes and Villains Who Should Appear In Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- The Best And The Worst Comic Book Movie Villain Casting Decisions
- The Five Best And Worst Superhero Casting Decisions
- 10 Star Wars Characters who Deserve their own Origin Movies
- 10 Superheroes Who Could Join the Team in The Avengers 2
- Top Ten Superhero Fight Scenes
- A Wish List: 7 Actors I’d Love to See in Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series
- Marvel vs. DC at the Box office Infographic
- 10 Characters Who Should Be Brought Back For Star Wars Episode VII
- Six of the Best: Graphic Novel Adaptations
- Top 25: Strangest Movie Merchandise
- Top Ten: Terrible Films that Made a Lot of Money
- Top Ten: Perfectly Cast Films
- Top Ten: Bloodiest Scenes in Film
- Top Ten: Exemplary Cameos in Film
- Top Ten: Underrated Horror Movies