To mark the release of The United States vs Billie Holiday, out now, we’ve been given 5 copies to give away on DVD.
The United States vs. Billie Holiday follows the legendary Holiday, one of the greatest jazz musicians of all time, who spent much of her career being adored by fans across the globe. However, beginning in the 1940’s in New York City, the federal government targeted Holiday in a growing effort to escalate and racialize the war on drugs, ultimately aiming to stop her from singing her controversial and heart-wrenching ballad, “Strange Fruit”.
Led by Oscar® nominated director Lee Daniels and penned by screenplay writer Suzan-Lori Parks, the first African American woman to win a Pulitzer Prize for drama, The United States vs Billie Holiday unapologetically presents the icon’s complicated, irrepressible life, whose defiance through music helped usher in the civil rights movement.
Please note: This competition is open to UK residents only
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Small Print
- Open to UK residents only
- The competition will close 8th July 2021 at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- No cash alternative is available
- Please note prizes may be delayed due to COVID-19
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.
The usual T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!