RED JOAN starring Dame Judi Dench is releasing in cinemas nationwide from Friday 19 April and to celebrate we are giving 3 lucky winners the chance to win a copy of the novel on which the film is based on.
The year is 2000 and Joan Stanley (Dench) is living in contented retirement in suburbia at the turn of the millennium. Her tranquil life is suddenly disrupted when she’s arrested by MI5 and accused of providing intelligence to Communist Russia.
Cut to 1938 where Joan is a Cambridge physics student who falls for young communist Leo Galich and through him, begins to see the world in a new light.
Working at a top-secret nuclear research facility during WWII, Joan comes to the realisation that the world is on the brink of mutually assured destruction. Confronted with an impossible question – what price would you pay for peace? – Joan must choose between betraying her country and loved ones or saving them.
The cast of RED JOAN is led by multi-award winning actress Judi Dench (Skyfall, Shakespeare in Love) and Sophie Cookson (Gypsy, Kingsman: The Secret Service) who star as the eponymous central character, Stephen Campbell Moore (The Child in Time, Goodbye Christopher Robin) as Max, a physics professor and Young Joan’s mentor, Tom Hughes (Victoria, London Town) as Leo, a young communist and Young Joan’s first love, Ben Miles (The Crown, Woman in Gold) as Joan’s son and lawyer Nick and Tereza Srbova (Inkheart, Eastern Promises) as a fellow Cambridge University student and Young Joan’s confident.
RED JOAN IS RELEASED IN UK CINEMAS ON 19 APRIL
The Small Print
- Open to UK residents only
- The competition will close 2nd May 2019 at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- No cash alternative is available
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary
- All entries must be submitted via HeyUGuys and only one entry per person
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 03.05.19.
- The winner will receive [1x Red Joan Book].
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before [04.05.19] and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within  days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within  days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied by ORGANIC PUBLICITY. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending an email to Rebecca.email@example.com within  of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is HeyUGuys
The usual T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!