Directed by Oscar-nominated director Lenny Abrahamson and based on the best-selling novel by Sarah Waters, The Little Stranger stars Domhnall Gleeson, Ruth Wilson, Will Poulter and Charlotte Rampling, and comes to UK cinemas on 21st September. To celebrate the release, we’re giving away 5 copies of the best-selling novel on which the film is based.
THE LITTLE STRANGER tells the story of Dr Faraday, who has built a life of quiet respectability as a country doctor. During the long hot summer of 1948, he is called to a patient at Hundreds Hall, where his mother once worked. The Hall has been home to the Ayres family for more than two centuries. But it is now in decline and its inhabitants – mother, son and daughter – are haunted by something more ominous than a dying way of life. When he takes on his new patient, Faraday has no idea how closely, and how disturbingly, the family’s story is about to become entwined with his own.
The Little Stranger will be released in UK cinemas 21st September 2018
The Small Print
- Open to UK residents only
- The competition will close 4th October 2018 at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- No cash alternative is available
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.
- Open to UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Pathe Productions Ltd and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- No purchase necessary.
- Applicants will be entered into a free prize draw to each winner will win one (1) copy of The Little Stranger novel by Sarah Waters.
- 5 winner(s) will be selected at random from all the entries received by us.
- Only one entry per person.
- No bulk, third party, automated or organised group entries will be accepted. Incomplete or corrupt entries or entries that are not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
- We are not liable for any person not being able to enter the promotion for any reason, including and without limitation system failure, error, hacks on the system or personal computer issues.
- The winners of the Promotion will be selected at random as soon as practicable after the end of the promotional period in a random draw from all valid entries, under the supervision of an independent observer.
- The winners will be notified by email by 6/10/2018. To accept the prize, winners must respond by email to the notification email by 16/10/2018 and will be required to provide an address to which the prize will be delivered via post.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
- The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize is not transferrable and no cash alternatives will be given in whole or in part. The prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable, must be taken as offered and will only be awarded to the winners as specified in these competition terms. The Promoter reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value in the event that the specified prize or any part of the specified prize becomes unavailable.
- The Promoter will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prize items once they have been dispatched or are in the winner’s possession. The winner acknowledges that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee (whether express or implied, in fact or in law) in relation to any prize, including but not limited to its quality or mechanical condition. Solely to the extent (if any) that any manufacturer’s guarantee applies to the prizes, such prizes shall be covered by such manufacturers guarantee.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant or a winner before making the prize award.
- By taking part in and entering into this Promotion all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions (which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter if circumstances make this unavoidable).
- Winners agree that the Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and employees, and any other sponsors, advertisers and promotional agencies shall have no liability, except and to the extent that it is not permissible by law to exclude liability (such as liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence or breach of contract), in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prizes awarded.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and each entrant hereby irrecoverably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
Promoter: Pathe Productions Limited, 6 Ramillies Street, London, W1F 7TY, United Kingdom.
The usual T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!