To mark the release of Minding the Gap on 29th April, we’ve been given 3 copies to give away on DVD.
Three young men from Rockford, Illinois, a Rust Belt town in America hit hard by the recession, are bonded by their love of skateboarding, the film follows them in the crucial years when they make their way into the adult world. Zack, the charismatic party-boy becomes a father; Keire youngest of the three gets his first job and juggles responsibilities with his passion for skating; and Bing the filmmaker who spends more time in the skatepark than at home. As his camera rolls, Bing is thrust into the middle of Zack’s tumultuous relationship with the mother of his child, and Keire’s inner struggles with racial identity and his deceased father, while all the while un-packing his own past and struggles with his abusive home-life. The result is an intimate and powerful study on navigating the gap – the transition from being a child to becoming a parent, of play and work, discipline and abuse – the gap ultimately between childhood and adulthood.
The Small Print
- Open to UK residents only
- The competition will close 2nd May 2019 at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- No cash alternative is available
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.
The usual T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!