Collider have a brilliant selection of images and the full specs for Tony Stark’s car from The Avengers, and it looks nothing short of beautiful, fully kitted out with the latest (and non-existent) technology to truly make it worth its $9.2m. price tag.
*Advanced plot spoiler warning: if some of these details aren’t just for fun and do actually feature in the film, there could be a few minor plot spoilers in the next few paragraphs.*
The 2012 Stark Industries Super Car, made by Acura, the luxury division of Honda, has a full specs detail that looks more than a little bit impressive. Be sure to keep on scrolling for the images of the car, which complements Iron Man’s iconic suit nicely.
“Acura 2012 Stark Industries Super Car
Standard Equipment at No Extra Cost
- Palladium-powered 80,000 TOHC 32-valve engine with titanium-forged block and nitrous fuel-injection system.
- 9 Speed HYPER-Shift transmission
- Diamond quartz cross-drilled brake calipers
- Steering wheel with palm-scan ID
- Lithium Dioxide-injecting shocks
- Reflex-response steering column with target guidance feedback
- Super-scan theft-deterrent modulator
- Info-net sensory tracker system
- Invisa-shield exo-system wave modifier
- Enviro-clone projected hologram of surroundings
- Thermal imaging topography mapping software
- Emergency homing beacon
- Self-detonating recon drone
- Adavanced radar-deflecting capabilities with wave modifier
- Bullet- and foreign element-proof clear coat and metal skin
- Night-vision HUD windshield
- Bulletproof hyper-traction tires
- High-grade tint with radar bounce and jam capabilities
- Intermittent blue and red tech flashers in all light assemblies
- Underbody kit with aero-dynamic spoiler lip
- Black-night painted-wheels with particle matter technology
- Anti-ballistic shielding body panels
- Incoming scan scrambler
- Low-density plasma emitters with UV flares
- Encrypted computer with backup-powered interface and satellite link
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $9,198,000.00
License and Registration: $6, 782
Destination Fee: $1,854
Total Vehicle Price: $9,229,000.00
Palladium Power Estimates:
- City Miles – 234
- Highway Miles – 302”
Some of the interesting features that jump out (and some of these are the plot spoilers I mentioned): the palm-scan ID wheel, the invisa-shield exo-system wave modifier / enviro-clone projected hologram of surroundings (translation, if I’m reading it right: it can be cloaked to look invisible – the main little spoiler), radar-deflecting capabilities, and a self-detonating recon drone.
The beauty is in those little details and everything else about the car teased to promote the film. We’ll have to wait for a few more months to see which of these are taken advantage of by Robert Downey, Jr. in the film.
The Avengers will be with us in 3D on 27th April, which means that we’ve officially got precisely three months today (if you’re reading this on Friday) until we can see it on the big screen. As I’m sure the same goes for you, I cannot wait. For now, here are the great images of Stark’s car to feast your eyes on. As usual, click to enlarge. And for all of the rest of our coverage of The Avengers, you can click right here.