How could you not want to know more about a film festival where the acronym of it is BIFF?!
We’ve just been sent the full line-up of movies that will be played at the third annual British Independent Film Festival which this year takes place 11th and 12th May. The festival is a great place to showcase new British talent and this year, the organisers (The Film Festival Guild) have arranged a fabulous line-up which includes three world premieres, which include Airborne (starring Mark Hamill), JUMP which stars Glen Blackhall and Bashment which stars Ludvig Bonin.
The event is set to take place around the UK with the fill location list below. Check it out and if you need more info, visit the official Festival website at www.thefilmfestivalguild.com
After the success of the 2011 festival, The Film Festival Guild are happy to announce the return of The British Independent Film Festival to 5 major cities across the UK on the 11th and 12th May which is the biggest festival they have put on to date. Not only can you watch new under-the-radar films, but you will also have a chance to meet the cast and crew with Q&A’s. The festival will kick off Friday night with an evening screening followed by screenings all day Saturday starting at 11am. The 3rd annual British Independent Film Festival can now officially announce their exciting line up.
- Empire Cinema, Leicester Square, London
- Empire Cinema, Tower Park, Poole
- Empire Cinema, Newcastle
- The Apollo Cinema, Port Talbot
- The Apollo Cinema, Stafford
8:30pm -Kicking starting the festival is the horror ‘Airborne’- World Premiere
Director: Dominic Burns
Starring: Mark Hamill (Star Wars), Sebastian Street (Jack Falls, Age of Heros), Simon Phillips (Ghosted, Bounded By Blood) and Bill Murray (Rise of the foot solider).
The Saturday screenings start at 11am with an eclectic mix of some of the best student and independent short films from around the UK. Inspiring, impressive, funny, weird and cool, there is something here for everyone!
There will be then a variety of feature films screened in the afternoon between 2pm -10:15pm at all 5 venues across the UK.
11am – SHORT FILMS
- A LOVE STORY IN MILK
- THE STAND IN
- THE ANORAK BRIGADE
- THE UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE
- LAB RATS
- THE FIRING SQUAD
- THE EXTRAORDINARY LIFE OF ROCKY
2pm – JUMP – World Premiere
- Director: Bindu De Stoppani
- Starring: Glen Blackhall (Titanic TV Series), Claire Price (Hereafter) and Bindu De Stoppani (The Beach, 28 Days later)
4.15pm – ECSTASY
- Director: Rob Heydon
- Starring: Billy Boyd (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy), Kristin Kreuk (Smallville), Carlo Rota (Saw V) with Adam Sinclair (To End All Wars) and Natalie Brown (Being Human)
6.15pm – FLUTTER
- Director: Giles Borg
- Starring: Luke Evans (Immortal, Clash of the Titans), Joe Anderson (The Grey, Twilight Breaking Dawn) and Billy Zane (Titanic, Back to the Future I & II)
8.30pm – Bashment – World Premiere
- Director: Rikki Beadle Blair
- Starring: Ludvig Bonin (Baseline), Jason Steed (Fever) and Joel Dommet (Skins)
At 10:35pm the final event of the day, the Awards Ceremony. All the films screened will find out which awards they’ve one. The prestigious Audience Awards will also be presented, voted for by you, the audience.
The Film Festival Guild is proud to be hosting the 3rd Annual British Independent Film Festival, and promises everyone will find something to enjoy. www.thefilmfestivalguild.com