To mark the release of Tha Happy Prince on 15th June, we’ve been given 3 pairs of tickets to give away to the UK premiere on 5th June.
The film opens in Paris, where Wilde, by now in his forties, penniless and in poor health, is still reeling after being imprisoned in England for his love affair with Lord Alfred ‘Bosie’ Douglas (Morgan). Out of prison but a pariah, Wilde swings between grief and a determination to wrest whatever pleasure and beauty he can from the time he has left. His body ailing and heavy, his mind spinning, he survives by falling back on the flamboyant irony and brilliant wit that defined him.
Everett’s Wilde is tortured but determined to remain true to himself. His thoughts are filled with love and betrayal and permeated with those closest to him: Bosie, his literary agent Robbie Ross (Edwin Thomas), his great friend Reggie Turner (Firth) and his estranged wife Constance (Watson).
As the film travels through Wilde’s final act, and journeys from England to France and Italy, desire and loyalty face off, the transience of lust is laid bare, and the true riches of love are revealed.
Watch the trailer and then enter below:
The Small Print
- Open to UK residents only
- The competition will close 31st May 2018 at 23.59 GMT. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
- No cash alternative is available
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. No one under 15 will be admitted into the screening. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The prize draw is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via HeyUGuys . Entrants will have to watch the trailer and enter the competition via the rafflecopter on this page. Entrants found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind
- A winner will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person on the 29th May 2018.
- The winner will receive 2x tickets to the UK premiere of The Happy Prince on the 5th of June 2018 at Vue West End, Leicester Square, 3 Cranbourn St, London WC2H 7AL.
- By entering the prize draw, the prize winner confirms that they are free to attend the screening from 6:15 PM on the day of the event.
- Prize does not include travel or accommodation. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- Tickets for entry to the screening can be collected by the prize winner on the day of the event with proof of ID required to receive the prize.
- Entry to and attendance at the screening is subject to respectful and appropriate behaviour. The dress code is smart. The Promoter reserves the right to deny the prize winner and their guest entry and revoke their attendance at the event should they not adhere to the dress code and should they behave inappropriately.
- The cinema reserves the right to refuse entry in accordance with its own policies.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 30th May and must provide an email address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 1 day of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied by Lions Gate UK, Ltd. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- In the unlikely event that the screening is cancelled, no alternative event will be arranged and no alternative prize will be available for the prize winner.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The event may be filmed by the Promoter as part of the publicity for The Happy Prince. The prize winner and their guest may be asked to sign a release form giving their permission should they be in the background of any footage.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is HeyUGuys.
The usual T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!