To mark the release of Papicha on 28th September, we’ve been given 3 copies to give away on DVD.
Set in nineties Algiers, the film opens to the sound of dance music as men and women, dressed to the nines, slip through checkpoints to party the night away. Meanwhile tensions mount between armed police forces and anti government religious fundamentalists. What headstrong fashion student Nedjma, Papicha (Lynda Khoudri) to her friends, doesn’t know is that her life is about to change forever….
Lifting the lid on the radical events of the Algerian Civil War, Mounia Meddour’s “PAPICHA” follows the trials and tribulations of a group of determined young women as they come face to face with a new, dangerous reality.
The Small Print
- Open to UK residents only
- The competition will close 1st October 2020 at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- No cash alternative is available
- Please note prizes may be delayed due to COVID-19
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.
The usual T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!