To mark the release of Pain & Glory on 13th January, we’ve been given 3 copies to give away on Blu-ray.
PAIN & GLORY, starring Antonio Banderas and Penelope Cruz, is Spanish auteur Pedro Almodóvar’s 21st feature film. Salvador Mallo is a veteran film director, afflicted by multiple ailments, the worst of which is his inability to continue filming. His physical condition doesn’t allow it and, if he can’t film again, his life has no meaning.
The mixture of medications, along with an occasional flirtation with heroin, means that Salvador spends most of his day prostrate. This drowsy state transports him back to reflect on his childhood in the 60s, when he emigrated with his parents to Paterna, a village in Valencia, in search of prosperity, and the struggles and improvising his Mother made so that the family could survive. The appearance of his first desire and his first adult love in the Madrid of the 80s. In recovering his past, Salvador finds the urgent need to recount it, and in that need he also finds his salvation.
Watch our exclusive Pain & Glory interviews here:
The Small Print
- Open to UK residents only
- The competition will close 16th January 2020 at 23.59 GMT
- The winner will be picked at random from entries received
- No cash alternative is available
- To coincide with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.
The usual T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!