Collider spoke with producer, Mike De Luca and the other interesting bits of info include news that Eva Mendes won’t be returning to play the part of Roxanne Simpson and that Mark Steven Johnson who directed the first movie, will not be returning for the second instalment.
There’s loads more information in the interview they gave and the main other news is bullet-pointed below but head over to Collider.com for the full rundown.
- Ghost Rider 2 (or Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance) will be a hard PG-13
- The film is going to take place in Europe
- De Luca is open to David Goyer directing the sequel but it all comes down to his very busy schedule
- Says the sequel will be like “pushing the reset button” on the franchise
- As you might expect from the success of Avatar, Ghost Rider 2 might be done in 3D
- Says Goyer has just delivered his updated outline to the studio
- And says Ghost Rider 2 could easily be in front of the cameras this year