To mark the release of Kingsman: The Secret Service, which is released on January 29th, we sat down with the film’s director Matthew Vaughn. As one of the most dependable filmmakers when it comes to crafting a big blockbuster from a comic book – having already been behind Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class, he’s now back adapting Mark Millar’s original material again, bringing Jane Goldman’s screenplay to the big screen.
Within our interview Vaughn discusses;
– Why he left X-Men: Days of Future Past for this picture
– His disappointment Guardians of the Galaxy isn’t nominated for enough awards
– Why superhero movies shouldn’t be overlooked during awards season
– Why Christopher Nolan should have won an Oscar by now
– That he was ‘misquoted’ recently on comments about Nolan’s work
– Whether we can expect a sequel to Kingsman, and what they have planned
The Spielberg Video Vaughn references in the interview
Kingsman: The Secret Service is released on January 29th. Check back on the site throughout the rest of the week for more interviews with the cast of the movie.