As a Christmassy treat (and as possibly the best competition we’ve ever had), the lovely people at Sky have given us one Sky Q subscription with Ultra HD, Sky Cinema AND Sky Sports FREE for a year to give away to one very very lucky HeyUGuys reader.
If you’re not familiar with Sky Q, have a little read of the information below which gives you a feel for what you can expect from their flagship service.
Sky Q gives you complete control over the TV you love.
With Sky Q you can watch all your recordings anywhere around your home, sync them to your tablet to take with you, and even pause a show in one room and carry on in another. And with this great prize, you’ll have even more of the TV you love including over 80 entertainment channels and 70 HD channels (including the widest range of entertainment in Ultra HD), plus 11 Sky Cinema and 7 Sky Sports channels.
Enjoy over 300 Box Sets from the very beginning, plus documentaries, kids’ shows and over 1,100 movies on demand.
Please note: This competition is open to UK residents only
Terms & Conditions
1. This promotion is open to UK residents, aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of HeyUGuys Ltd any British Sky UK Limited (“Sky”), companies associated with the promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the promotion.
2. This promotion opens 12/12/16 at 9am and closes on 09/01/2017 at 23:59 GMT (the “Promotional Period”).
3. Online entry required. To enter this promotion, all you need to do is complete the Rafflecopter entry methods listed above. Each option can be used one time per person. As a minimum the question must be answered: ‘At the time of writing, how many Sky Cinema channels are there?’
4. One entry per household unless specified above. Entries sent in through agents, third parties, websites or multiple accounts will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to not award prizes if qualifying criteria is not met and the right to select replacement entry into the competition element of the promotion.
Winner Selection and notification
5. One winner will be selected by a random computer generated draw, on or around 11/01/17 from all correct and eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The winner will be notified by email.
6. For Social Competitions/Prize Draw: The winner(s) will be required to provide the following information to the Promoter (or third party it nominates to issue and manage the prize) within 28 days of being informed that they’ve won: full name, age, phone number and residential address to send the prize to. If the winner(s) has/have not responded within 7 days, or is/are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
7. If the winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
8. The winner will receive the following prize:
Sky Q TV Package (12 months) –
a. The winner will be required to enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract. If the winner is an existing Sky TV customer, your existing Sky TV subscriptions will come to an end and you must enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract.
b. After your 12 month free Sky Q TV subscription comes to an end, standard subscription charges will apply (currently £92 a month), unless you change or cancel your package, giving Sky at least 31 days’ notice. You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom.
c. The Prize does not include:
– A broadband subscription (to experience Sky Q features to the full, we recommend connecting your boxes to home broadband);
- Sky Box Office, Sky Store purchases/rentals, Stand-alone Premium Channels, or pay-per-view services and events
d. Watching on an extra TV screen comes at a one-off cost of £99 and we’ll loan you an extra Sky Q Mini at no cost (recommend connecting no more than 4 Sky Q Minis in total)
e. Prices, programmes/channels are subject to change.
f. Engineer set-up required.
g. The winner must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s) prior to installation.
h. The winner must redeem the prize within a year. A Winner who are in a current pay-TV contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
i. There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
j. Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
k. Prize winner will own the Sky dish. The Sky Q box, the Sky Q Mini and all other Sky Q kit is loaned to the winner at no cost and must be returned when the winner’s 12 month prize subscription terminates or when the winner leaves Sky, whichever is earlier. Mechanical faults with the Sky Q kit will be repaired at no cost.
9. Any entrant data collected will be used for the purpose of administering the promotion and contacting the winner to notify them of the prize and, if you are the winner, we may pass them on to third parties to deliver the prize.
10. By entering this promotion, if you are the winner, you agree that the Promoter may make your full name and county available and may use your full name, county and photograph for post-event publicity purposes without additional remuneration and may use your information to contact you about products and services you may like. You can change your direct marketing preferences by contacting us on 03442 414141 or through the “Contact us” link at www.sky.com. You can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in direct marketing emails from us.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter are in no way responsible for any aspect of this promotion. The promoter does not accept any responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
12. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
14. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
15. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
16. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winner for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
18. Details of the prize winner, full name and county will be available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
19. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other entrants or Sky staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
20. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this promotion.
21. This promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this promotion.
Promoter: HeyUGuys Ltd.
The usual HeyUGuys T&Cs can be found here. Good Luck!